Friday, February 10, 2012

Store Review: Let's Face It Hypermart (Makati Branch)

I know, I know, this is supposed to be my first real blog post and I should use it to write something good or inspiring. I, however, decided to do a store review. Pretty weird, huh?

So a little earlier tonight my friend and I decided to have a facial cleaning at the Let's Face It Salon Hypermart branch. It's been months since I had my last cleaning (I formerly go to Dermcare before) and my skin is in need of a new overhaul.

The receptionist of the shop was very accommodating. Their basic facial cleaning with laser, vacuum, and two free check-ups costs 245php and you can only add the mask that you want together with your cleaning session. Upon examining my skin, the receptionist recommended me to use one variety of their gel mask called the pimple paper mask which costs 620php. Being the thrifty city rat that I am, I asked her if I can have another mask instead because I don't think paying for more than 500 on a single facial cleaning session is not that advisable. The receptionist finally recommended me to use a soft mask called the pimple acne soft mask which only costs 225php.

After filling up my request form, one of the attendants there finally led me to their facial room. They gave me a disposable shower cap, a piece of tissue, and a disposable bib to protect my shirt. My attendant asked me to wash my face on one of the two sinks on a corner. That was when I started experiencing the problems.

After washing my face, I asked the woman assigned to me if I can use their restroom first. She obliged and I tried turning the knob of the bathroom's door. I thought it was just locked so i tried to lightly push and turn the knob a couple of times until someone from the inside forcefully turned the knob too. I waited for almost ten minutes for the person inside to come out and when she did I saw that she was also an employee of the shop (she was wearing the uniform of the clinic). I wasn't expecting anything special from her but what I didn't like is that she sort of glared at me while she was getting out of the bathroom. I wasn't even expecting a Hi or a Hello (i'm not that picky when it comes to service) but her look clearly showed that she was not feeling even an inkling of good emotions during that moment.

After using the bathroom, I finally went to my seat (or bed. I don't exactly know what it is called) and waited for the employee to do her magic. Now this is where it starts to get tricky. I am no longer a newbie when it comes to facial cleaning and I have to say that this is the most painful cleaning I ever experienced ever. I walked out of the shop with a stinging, red, puffy face; something that has never happened to me before in my previous facial cleaning sessions with other shops. I also cried (yes, like literally cried) during the session which is a little troubling because I have a high tolerance for pain when it comes to these things. I couldn't help but feel that the lady handling my cleaning is too harsh with her hand movements and methods.

I also noticed that the employee is also suffering from a cold (she coughed and sniffed throughout the session). It's not much of a problem for me but I just can't help getting a little troubled about it because they have to work at close range with their customers who can also catch their cold (even though they are wearing a face mask). In addition to this, I also noticed that the woman working on my face also gave me the same cold treatment that their other employee gave me at the bathroom. She talks to me when she is offering some of their products but besides from that, she simply stared at me and didn't even bother giving me a proper answer during the times when I was the one asking the questions (this is already after the cleaning so she can't say she's just concentrating on her work). I really felt pissed by that time but since I do not want to make a commotion in the store and ruin my entire day, I just decided to ignore the attitude of some of the workers there.

What's worse is that my friend told me that before her cleaning, the employee who did her facial did not ask her to wash her face before the actual facial cleaning unlike in my case. I know that washing your face with soap and water is a very important part of facial cleaning because it is meant to remove the dirt and grime that has initially set on the face. Clearly, not all employees of this facial clinic are well-informed about all the processes involved in the services they are offering.

Overall, I do not recommend this branch at all. Don't get me wrong, Let's Face It is already an established name in the industry of skin care but I just wasn't satisfied with this particular brand's customer service. In terms of their actual services, I don't think I'll ever visit their shop again. I can get the same results in other facial clinics minus all the pain (and tears). I'm not even planning of coming back to have my two free check-ups.

Fortunately, I'm pretty satisfied with the results of my facial cleaning even though I can't say it is actually the best treatment I had. A pretty average experience for me if you don't take into account the vexing attitudes of the employees and the extra painful cleaning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment