Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Heaven that is Parvati

Last week, my best friend and I had to come to Trinoma to attend a wedding planning seminar. Prior to this trip, I've already spotted photos of the sweets and other heavenly treats from Parvati in Facebook. I considered it serendipity (yes, i'm a drama queen) that the store is right in Trinoma's Mindanao lobby area so I made it a point to stop by and buy some sweets as a late birthday gift for myself. We initially planned to eat there to try out their palatable looking pastas and salads but the place was packed (the area was small to begin with and it seemed very popular to customers) so we just decided to settle on desserts. So on with the reviews.

First up, the macarons. We bought a box of 12 for 350php. The macarons come in four flavors namely salted caramel, milk chocolate with cinnamon, queso de bola, and chocolate. These small cookie/meringue confectioneries are definitely small pieces of heaven sent here to earth. Not only are they deliciously pretty, you will instantly fall in love with their distinct taste that is not common to other pastries, cookies, and cakes. The moment I took a bite, I immediately tasted the unique taste of their fillings. I also marvel at how soft the bread (or meringue) is while still being chewy and solid enough to not crumble on my fingers. I was actually surprised that my favorite was the salted caramel flavor because being the chocolate lover that I am, I immediately thought that I will fall in love with the chocolate flavored ones. The taste of the filling of this salted caramel macarons can be likened to that of custard or yema. The others, moreover, are equally rich in flavors as well.


Box of macarons for 350php. Isn't the box adorable?

the flavors: chocolate, milk chocolate with cinnamon, queso de bola, and salted caramel
And now for the truffles. They were a little too soft when we finally ate them at home because we still stayed at the mall for an hour after our 45minute MRT travel. Their consistency, however, did not compromise their taste. They were a delight to pop in the mouth because of their rich flavor. Think dark chocolate mixed with cocoa powder and milk. Crazy right? They tasted so good we can't actually believe they are sugar free! We loved every piece (there are 12 pieces for 299php) even though they're already soft and gooey when we ate them. 
12 pieces of truffles for 299php. Definitely worth the price!

They're sugar free too! 
I really recommend these sweets especially to those who want to try something different from their average cakes and coffee-shop pastries. They can be a little heavy on the budget (well, in my case because I am so kuripot!) but you can share them with someone else to watch your wallet and your figure (though the truffles are sugar free). Oh, and whoever said that you have to go abroad or in heaven even, just to get a taste of these sweets probably hasn't heard of Parvati yet. Now your dessert haven is just a ride (or MRT trip) away! 




Parvati is located in the Mindanao Lobby of Trinoma, EDSA, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment